Monday, April 19, 2010

Wedding Bands

On Saturday, Eddie and I went to Green Lake Jewelry Works where Eddie had my engagement ring custom designed, to order our wedding bands! Eddie already had my band designed and tested (in a green plastic mold) but we had not yet officially ordered it. My engagement ring is a bit big on me and so I wanted to have it re-sized a little before the wedding band was made so that they would fit together well. After much debate and going back and forth with the sales assistant I finally decided on a size for the ring. I then handed my engagement ring over to them to re-size, which I wont get back until this coming Saturday. Once my engagement ring is re-sized the wedding band will be re-cast in the green plastic and if we're happy with it, it'll be cast in the white gold to match the engagement ring.


My ring on my hand after Eddie proposed in Paris.

A close-up of the engagement ring.

Eddie was a bit quicker in picking out his wedding band. We decided to go with a basic titanium band with beveled edges. It's pretty sleek and cool looking and very "Eddie." When we were looking for the rings we both gravitated toward the same one so we knew it must be the right "one" for him. It was a pretty simple process for him and not to mention a lot cheaper than the process of getting my rings. Eddie likes to tell me that I have it easy when it comes to buying his ring. Eithe way, I'm excited to see BOTH of the finished products!

I'm also quite anxious to have my engagement ring back. It feels so strange not to be wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment